Students will have the essential knowledge and abilities for a job in residential, commercial, and industrial service and repair, as well as construction plumbing, if they complete the program requirements. This curriculum will teach you how to read blueprints, layout, estimate, install piping systems and fittings, and repair supply and wastewater systems, to name a few skills.
Career opportunities for students completing this program of study include, but are not limited to:
- First-Line Sup/Mgrs of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Helpers-Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
Upon completion of the Diploma/Certificate program, students are able to:
- Demonstrate proper procedures and techniques required to construct a plumbing system, utilizing plumbing tools, in preparation for apprentice-level employment in the plumbing trade.
- Perform standard industry trade calculations and formulas including measurements to layout to design a basic plumbing system.
- Recall, restate and apply current plumbing codes, industry rules, regulations, legal standards, and procedures to the construction of an operable plumbing system following industry guidelines and restrictions according to the Uniform Plumbing Code for construction of commercial and residential.